In this blog, I will write mainly reminders to myself that might be useful to other people.
- Free software, specially:
- Ubuntu, which is a free operating system, which comes together with plenty of useful software, and much more can be easily downloaded, installed and customized to the needs of the user.
- Emacs is an advanced text editor. I have used it, for example, from writing code in Perl and Python, with helpful coloring of syntactic elements, to sending and receiving email. I obtain the advantage to have to learn the same commands for basic editing needs. Right now I’m writing this post in Emacs, using org2blog, which itself depends on Org mode.
- LaTeX is a typesetting system, probably now the standard for mathematical texts. However, it can also produce beautiful documents in other subjects. Look at TeX showcase.
- Mathematics: about the books and papers I would like to understand, the software I use (GAP, Sage), my research, and maybe the classes I teach.
- Chess software (xboard).
- Random thoughts.